Immigration is difficult for families, and arranging a spouse visa could be difficult. Especially in a country like Britain, where the rules to apply for a visa is strict. To get a spouse visa, you need to be a resident of the UK. If you are planning to marry someone, who is not a resident of the UK, then you need to apply for a visa for them under a spouse visa. However, if you are looking for a British spouse visa renewal, it is easier to get it done.
Requirements for a Visa
There are several eligibility criteria to clear to get a visa for your spouse. They can apply for a visa under the following conditions.
- Both of you should be 18 years and above.
- Should the visa go null, should be lawfully married and intend to stay married. This is to prevent fake marriage claims.
- You must intend to live in the UK and have proper accommodations for you and your spouse.
- You should also be able to sponsor your spouse’s financial needs and dependent children.
- You can apply for a visa overseas or by staying in Britain under a work visa, student, or fiancé visa.
A spouse visa stays valid for 30-33 months. You have to renew it for five years, and after that, you may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), with the proof that you are staying with your partner and they accommodate you. If you are granted ILR, soon by naturalization, you can apply for British Citizenship.
If your partner lived overseas, you probably had a long-distance relationship. If you have come this far, you shouldn’t have to suffer anymore to sit together. Ask for guidance from a UK partner visa agent, and they will help you.